On August 10th, 2022 Marucci drops the Cat X Connect. The bat will do well among bigger hitters as they like the hot out of the wrapper alloy, as well as the heavier wing weight. The bat comes with considerable upgrades over the 2021 CAT 9 Connect, but we still think that bat, too, was great.
2023 CAT X Connect, Cat Connect Models
Several teams in the NCAA CWS used the CAT X Connect for the 2022 tourney. The fact so many have adopted it, going away from their trusted CAT 9’s, is good evidence the bat rakes. We expect this bat to do well at the college ranks, be a good to great bat for high school kids who want to go hybrid and have a few USSSA options that are worth considering too.
The Cat Connect line from Marucci is a two-piece hybrid bat that is known for more of an endload in its BBCOR version and a bit lighter swing in the Composite and single-piece alloy versions.
Reviews By Model
We look at-bats like Louisville Slugger’s Select PWR as well as DeMarini’s the Goods as similar bats. Other less well-known bats that are similar are True Tempers HZRDUS line and Easton’s older Fuze Hybrid lines.
Cat X Connect
- New Barrel Profile: Longer, Smoother shape to allow for a more consistent, wider performance area.
- Same barrel as Cat X ~.5” lower balance point compare to Cat X Connect BBCOR.
- Decent change in balance to fit more hitters.
- Now just slightly more balanced the NOX, but still our power-hitters bat.
- New S40 handle, ~10 stiffer than Previous composite handle. Allows for faster energy transfer to the ball.
- 34mm hard taper modeled after for more top hand control and more ergonomic fit (similar to the most popular wood turn, AP5). This piece is removable if wanted.
- Now offering a 32.5” and 33.5” along with all normal sizes
The 2023 Marucci CAT X Composite is a two-piece hybrid bat made of an alloy barrel and a composite handle. The barrel is the same barrel you’ll find in the CAT X and the handle is the same handle you find on the CAT Composite. This is generally an endloaded bat built for bigger hitters.