Easton’s latest and greatest two-piece composite is the 2022 ADV Hype. The non-drop 5’s are built for the contact hitter that likes a big barrel, light swing, and a great feel on contact. The best feature, we think, is the Power Boost knob which is a knob made of a pliable rubber that feels better on the hands. Performance looks excellent, and the “new” composite barrel, connection piece, and handle are intriguing compared to the ADV 360. The Hype does NOT come in a USA—Easton kept the ADV 360 intact for that line, and you can find that 2022 review here.
2022 ADV Hype Models
The 2022 ADV Hypes has turned into a reasonable bat. It swings heavier than other bats in the 2022 class, like the CF and Marucci CAT Composite. The general feedback we get from hitters is they like the big barrel and feel of the ADV Hype. Two-piece composites are tough to differentiate, so it is hard to say if the bat is a considerable upgrade/change from the ADV 360 for 2021. It definitely didn’t take the market by storm like the Cat Composite or CF, but it’s a reasonable pick up that can do some damage in the right hands.
Generally, two piece composite bats are built for the contact type hitter that wants as much barrel per swing weight as they can manage. The 2022 Easton ADV Hype satisfies that demand. If you have a limitless budget and want the very best Easton has to offer for that growing player and the good to great contact hitter then the Easton ADV Hype can be a great fit.
Reviews By Model
There are plenty of two-piece composite bats comparable to the ADV Hype.
The new Hype appears to use the same TCT composite used in the MAKO versions of bats. We aren’t convinced they are the same, although the names are. For the 2022 Hype, Easton changed the handle, barrel, and connection piece.
- Thermo Composite Technology™: Combines a massive barrel and sweet spot for the lightest swinging bat in Easton®’s lineup, delivering explosive power
- ConneXion Max™: Delivers maximum energy transfer with an even stiffer feel on contact, while the injected Nitrocell™ foam helps dramatically reduce vibration
- Pro Stiff Carbon Handle™: Designed with extra-stiff carbon fibers to create a more-solid handle, giving the most elite athletes that stiff feel they love
- Power Boost™ “Soft Knob” Technology: Provides hitters with more leverage, while reducing vibration and improving comfort for the bottom hand
- Flow-Tack™ Grip: Easton®’s most premium grip provides the ultimate combination of cushion and tack in solid color design
- Country of Origin : Imported
- Style : BB22HYP
Our Parting Pitch
Meet the newest member of Easton’s prestigious family of bats – The 2022 ADV Hype™ offers the ideal combination of a massive barrel and sweet spot with a light swing weight for explosive power at the plate. The ConneXion Max™ taper is injected with Nitrocell™ foam to maximize energy transfer, produce a stiffer feel on contact and reduce vibration on mis-hits. The Pro-Stiff Carbon Handle™ is specifically designed with extra-stiff carbon fibers to create a more solid, stiffer handle that elite players love, while the Power Boost™ Soft Knob gives hitters with more leverage to improving bottom hand comfort.